If you own Canon 60D DSLR Camera, you may find that your current firmware is not up to date. This is the Canon 60D Firmware version 1.1.2. I have this camera and I had some serious problems with it. The focusing system seems not correct anymore after I change the motherboard. Everytime I want to take picture, the focus beep works well but when the I pressed the shutter, the picture/result is not focused. Its a bit blurry.
But actually, I don’e expected that this new firmware can fix my current issues on Canon 60D. In order to update your Canon 60D firmware, follow these instructions:
- Download Canon 60D firmware
- Make sure your camera battery fully charged
- Extract the firmware package and then copy the file: 60D00112.FIR to your SD Card root directory. Do not put this file inside a sub folder. The camera will not find it.
- Insert the SD Card to the camera. It is recommended to remove any lense and other accessories before upgrading the firmware.
- Rotate the dial mode to P.
- Turn the power ON
- Press the multi controller to select firmware Ver x.x.x.
- The firmware update process will start. Wait until the process is completed. Do not turn off your camera during this update process.